“Thank you for a transformational experience – flying high”
- Inspire your heart and mind to possibility to create a wonderful world
- Unlock your creativity and innovation
- Amplify your potential
- Improve your business and personal productivity
- Expand your leadership and collaboration capacity
- Increase your power for idea generation
- Reset with Yoga and a clear mindset
- Work with stimulating, like-minded individuals
- Step out of the day-to-day and really focus
You are invited to make all of this happen at an amazing, intensive business and self-development experience on a glorious Greek island. This week is for those with a fire in their belly and passion in their heart. Nail your purpose, strengthen your sustainability and build your resilience. Be inspired and inspire your collaborators to have the courage and daring to transform. Lead, discover and develop your mass transformative purpose.
This is a journey where you will build, layer, design and make decisions. Discover the true meaning of Customer Centricity, share ideas, diversify your thinking and push your limits and boundaries. The workshop components of this program draw on a variety of tools and skills including the Business Model Canvas, Design Thinking, Brain Shifting and Agile Flow.
Themes include Collaboration, Leadership, Idea Generation and Strategic Planning using Creative and Innovative thinking concepts and techniques. Your workshop facilitator is creativity and innovation expert Christina Gerakiteys
Your yoga instructor is Tara South.
Places are limited to 15 participants
“Beautiful, amazing, life changing”
The Unlocking Creativity and Innovation workshop and retreat will take place from July 21 – July 28, 2018.
You will make your own way to Kefalonia, the largest of the Ionian islands, which is a short flight from Athens. Perhaps arrive a day or two earlier to take in the sites of this beautiful island. If you haven’t read “Captain Corelli’s Mandolin” by Louis de Bernieres, we suggest you take a copy or put it on your e-reader. There is nothing quite like reading a book in the location that it is set.
According to Homer’s epic The Odyssey, Ithaca is the home of Ulysses (Odysseus). And many claim that once you have drunk the water from Kalamo, you are destined to return…
DAY 1: Saturday July 21 In the morning, we will meet the group and take a short ferry ride together to the nearby island of Ithaca. You will check in to the secluded yoga retreat and creative resort, Itha 108, and have the afternoon at your leisure. In the evening, at our celebratory dinner, you will meet your fellow participants.
DAY 2, 3 and 4: On Sunday, Monday and Tuesday we will be workshopping, masterminding, sharing and collaborating. Each day will be bookended by yoga sessions. There will be a break in the middle of each day for private time which might be spent thinking, walking, swimming or resting.
DAY 5: On Wednesday we will take a brain break! After the morning yoga session, we will start our tour of this idyllic island. We will enjoy the hospitality of the locals and swim in crystal clear water. We might perhaps visit the excavation site of Ulysses’ castle and the highest point of the island at Exoghi for spectacular views. We may visit the capital Vathi or the stunning coastal town of Kioni.
DAY 6 and 7: On Thursday and Friday we are in training and development mode again with a farewell celebratory dinner on Friday evening.
DAY 8: Departure on Saturday morning after breakfast. Ferry together to Kefalonia.
“Thank you for creating possibility through mind, body and spirit. It has been amazing”
The following options are available and will be allocated on a ‘first to request’ basis.
- One double bedroom with en-suit bathroom and eco-friendly air conditioning (main house)
- Five bedrooms with two single beds and en-suit bathroom and eco-friendly air conditioning (main house)
- One Stone house studio with double bed and ensuite bathroom
- Two Luxury Yurts with two single beds each and ensuite
- One Yurt with two single beds and ensuite
The price ranges from AU$5,150 to $5,550 (ex GST) dependent on your accommodation choice.
- Group transit from (July 21) and to Kefalonia (July 28) from our designated collection point
- 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches (buffet style) and 7 sit down dinners each day (dinner only on Day 1, breakfast only on Day 8)
- Various teas/coffee/water/fruit/nuts/cakes/biscuits
- Beach towels
- Yoga mats, blocks, belts and blankets
- Infused olive soap, basil, lavender, sage and calendula face balm
- High-speed Internet
- All workshops and materials
- All costs for group island tour
Available at extra cost:
- Alcohol and soft fizzy drinks
- Vegetable juices for detoxing
- Laundry and ironing
- Hire of a car or scooter (please advise at time of booking)
Your yoga instructor is Tara South from Mandala Yoga Meditation Retreats. Tara is a student of Trauma Sensitive Yoga with David Emerson the founder of the TCTSY program, a Yoga Alliance Australia accredited teacher and a student of Narrative Therapy.
Tara’s passion is about creating safe spaces where people can open up to their internal feelings and experiences so they can grow into understanding.
Through Tara’s yoga teachings, participants connect their mind to their body and experience themselves in a way that is unique and authentic.
Tara is an internationally acclaimed Yoga teacher and practitioner, who travels the globe sharing her knowledge through workshops, retreats and yoga teacher trainings. Through her individual and unique style, Tara utilises the physical body and movement as a way to shift the subtle energy within each of us.
- Each class is designed specifically to enhance and unite the mind, body and nervous system into one practice. You get to choose the depth of your own practice.
- During the retreat you will start your day with a revitalizing dynamic flow practice, while the closing of everyday will see you seal up your wisdom with a deep restorative Yin session.
- We will begin each day with an 1.5 hour of Vinyasa flow yoga, to get your blood moving, your mind grounded and breath active
- We continue your Yoga practice in the late afternoon with 1.5 hours of Yin Yoga. Prepare to have fun, be pampered, and feel completely relaxed!
- During your Yoga session’s you will not only move your blood, tap into your nervous system but you will create room for your mind to expand.
- Yoga sessions are facilitated on the airy outdoor shala which is shaded by trees and overlooks the sea.
Dine overlooking the sea
- Breakfast buffet in morning sun, shaded by trees or under the pergola
- Lunch buffet under the pergola
- Dinner served on the terrace under a canopy of stars and a bright moon.
- Vegetarian Mediterranean Food (mainly local organic products)
- Special dietary requirements? Please tell us in advance
- Fish on request
- Rooms and yurts are cleaned every morning
- Extra towels and sheets on request
- Hair dryer
Note: The water is collected rainwater and must be used in moderation
Therapy and Treatments:
Available in a serene, cool and shady area behind the main house or in your room if you prefer
- Thai Yoga Massage
- A combination of Swedish Massage-shiatsu-trigger points, deep tissue-sports massage by Mersini
- Beauty treatments, manicure, pedicure and hairdressing
- The resort also offers a well-stocked library, backgammon table, cards and other games
Beaches and Activities:
- Three beaches are seven minutes’ walk away, just below the retreat
- Another beach is 15 minutes’ walk away, through the hamlet of Agios Ioannis
- Kayaks and other water sports equipment are available to rent
- Car, scooter and bikes for rent
- Scuba-diving facility
- Local museum
- Ancient sites – Homers Palace and Ulysses’ birth place – an amazing 3 hour guided tour
Panigiria are held on the island on 20 July and 5-6 August. A Panigiri is an all-night dancing celebration of the patron Saint of the village. July 20 is the celebration of St Illias and takes place in the seaside village of Kioni. August 5- 6 is a two day party celebrating the Saint of Sotiros, in the village of Stavro. You may want to arrive early or leave late so that you can be part of the fun. We can assist with accommodation suggestions if you wish to do so.
Secure your Place:
Fill out the contact form below to reserve your place or ask any questions.
A deposit of $500AUD will be required within seven working days of booking. Should you need to cancel before June 30, a refund will be offered minus a $100 cancellation fee. No refunds are available after June 30. Payment in full is required by July 7. Payment arrangements are available on request.